Humera is looking for a Front Office Clerk for our client in downtown Minneapolis, MN. The role of the Front Office Clerk is to provide excellent customer service to patients and their families. This individual should have insurance experience and be an administrative professional seeking to apply knowledge and skills in a healthcare setting.
Our client is a major healthcare provider. The candidate in this role will provide administrative support. This is a long term contract opportunity.
1. Utilizes electronic health records accurately and efficiently to
register and schedule patients. Perform the following functions:
- Check patients in
- Collect co-payments
- Schedule and reschedule appointments
- Verify insurance, Update patient information in the scheduling
system or universal data set as part of the PAR process
- Check patient out and schedule follow-up appointments within
the clinic or in other hospital departments.
- Provide patient services with excellent customer service
2. Provides basic technical support and maintenance of
computer/fax/copier and hardware.
3. Performs general receptionist duties.
4. Provides customer service for patients, visitors, guests, and
the interdisciplinary health care team.
5. Coordinates obtaining and maintaining designated supplies and
inventory for the clinic.
6. Promotes the organization and assists in maintaining clinic
7. Ensures patients are checked-in in a timely and friendly
8. Ensures personal workspace and patient waiting areas are kept
neat and sanitized.
9. Perform other duties as assigned
Minimum Education/ Work Experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- EPIC or other EHR experience
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology
- Clinic/front desk registration experience
- Understanding of insurances
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to successfully handle multiple tasks and duties simultaneously in response to patient/family and healthcare team needs
- Ability to read and follow written instructions; understand and communicate verbal and written information
- Ability to work cohesively and respectfully with a diverse work force and patient population
- Ability to meet quality and productivity standards, including accuracy in patient registrations
- Bilingual Spanish/English
- 3+ years Healthcare Experience
- Extremely dependable
- Basic computer skills including experience with an electronic health record, Epic experience preferred.
Flexible hours between 6:30 am - 9:00pm.
Post Date: 01.08.2019
Salary: Contact for Rate